Posted by Mike Staff on Oct 21, 2015 12:03:00 PM
Your pinterest boards are packed with ideas. That perfect dress, the elegant chignon updo, the vibrant uplighting to perfectly offsite your wedding day decor... yes, wedding planning is an exciting time, but let’s get real; if you don’t hire the right vendors, your dream wedding can run into problems pretty quickly.How do you know if you are building the right team for your dream wedding?
Start by asking the right questions.
When you interview potential vendors here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Pay attention to how you feel during and after the interview.
- Were they respectful? Did you feel heard & understood?
- Can you picture working with them and having a great experience?
- Were they professional and do they have experience?
- Is there a rental fee? If yes, what is included?
- When can you start setting up for the event?
- Can you use your own caterer or supply your own alcohol? (if desired)
- What is the parking lot capacity?
- Are there nearby accommodations for overnight guests?
- What are the plans if the weather is bad?
- Do they have a generator in case of a power outage?
- Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- How long have you been in the business?
- If the DJ scheduled for my event is unable to perform, do you have a backup replacement ready to go?
- Do you act as the "emcee" and make all of the announcements?
- How would you define your "style" when making announcements?
- What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
- Do you take requests from our guests?
- Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list?
- How many weddings per year do you do?
- Have you done an event at the reception site before?
- What sets you apart from the competition?
- What is the timeline for the deposit, booking, and contract?
- What is the refund/ cancellation policy?
- What photography style do you specialize in?
- How many weddings do you do per year
- If you get sick or are unable to make it to my event, do you have backups ready to go?
- How many hours of coverage do you offer? What is your overtime rate?
- How long after the wedding will we get our photos? Our album?
- Do I own the rights to my photos?
- What is included in your packages?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings do you do per year?
- What are some options for my budget?
- What is included in your fee? Are there any additional fees?
- Are there any additional upgrades (chocolate fountains, etc.)?
- Any price breaks for vendor or children’s meals?
- Do you have a “clean up” policy? If so, what is it?
- What types of linens are provided? Are upgrades available?
- What is the payment policy? When is the deposit needed?
- Is there a cancellation or refund policy?
- How long have you been in business? How many weddings have you done?
- Approximately how many weddings do you do per year?
- How many other events will you schedule on our wedding date?
- What is your design style?
- Have you ever done a wedding at my venue site?
- Can you work within my budget?
- Do you have any recommendations to maximize my budget?
- Can you show me some samples (pictures) of your work?
- What types of flowers are in season when I get married?
- Will you work with my cake designer if I want flowers on my cake?
- Are there any extra fees? (Delivery charges, set up/ tear down, etc.)
As a general rule, always check online reviews and testimonials for a true picture of what you can expect from your vendor! You can check out the Mike Staff Production Reviews here.